Community Champion of the Year Awards
The Sifiso Falala Foundation (SFF) has launched the Community Champion of the Year Awards. These awards seek to recognise the efforts and achievements of individuals and organisations that play a pivotal role in the betterment of their communities and the pursuit of excellence. The inaugural Community Champion of the Year Awards ceremony will be hosted in October 2016 in Johannesburg. Nominations for the Community Champion of the Year Awards will begin on 1 July 2016 and will close on 23 September 2016.Nominations will be open for all individuals and organisations operating within the Gauteng province. Any community member or prospective contestant may submit nominations for the Community Champion of the Year Awards.
The nominations should be based broadly on the nominees ability to demonstrate excellence in any or all of the following:
- Attending to community needs that were previously unattended and introducing sustainable solutions to community problems.
- Engagement with vulnerable groups (i.e. youth, women, disabled, elderly).
- Advancement of the values of equality.
- Support of or participation in radical socio-economic change.
- Promotion of the aims of the Sifiso Falala Foundation.